Beginning next month, a new lineup of women creators will be highlighted for an all-new collection of tales created by women in comics.
In March, WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 will release in stores, continuing to highlight some of Marvel’s female heroes in a collection of stories created by a lineup of women creators.
This exciting one-shot will feature works from both seasoned veterans to up-and-coming talent. Each giving their own take on beloved heroines, highlighting what it is that makes them phenomenal women. For a full list of the WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 adventures to come, here’s a list of the stories featured:
- A Squirrel Girl and Black Widow team-up against a maniacal villain in a story that explores the complexities of superhero identities by Hugo award-winning writer Charlie Jane Anders and artist Emma Kubert
- An action-packed Shanna the She-Devil and Silver Sable short sees the jungle ladies battle against wild animal poachers by award-winning video game scriptwriter Rhianna Pratchett and artist Alina Erofeeva
- A dark Jessica Jones tale of compulsion and redemption from celebrated creator Jordie Bellaire and drawn by rising star Zoe Thorogood
- A fun-filled page-flipper of Black Cat’s greatest failures and latest triumphs by novelist Preeti Chhibber and superstar artists Jen Bartel, Marguerite Sauvage, Eleonora Carlini, Ann Maulina, and Claire Roe
- A story of magic and hope starring Scarlet Witch by the wildly popular creator Mirka Andolfo, making her Marvel Comics writing debut alongside artist Sumeyye Kesgin
Atop of this, to celebrate this exciting one-shot, artists Ernanda Souza, Audrey Mok, Lauren A. Brown, and Ashley Witter have turned out stunning variant covers starring Wolverine, Jubilee, Black Widow, Shuri, and more.
Check out all five covers now and don’t miss the latest must-have from the Voices pull list when WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 arrives on March 9.
For more information, visit Marvel.com.