Now in its third year, fans can vote in yet another X-Men election, this time for 2023. Online ballots will be held from January 31st at 9 am EST (AKA right now) until just before midnight this Friday, February 3rd – all available now at marvel.com/xmenvote
The results and reveal of who’ll be in the new X-Men team, will be unveiled during the Hellfire Gala this July. Fans can campaign for their favorite X-Men using #XMenVote, on just about every social media platform.
To shake things up, Marvel Insiders are also eligible to enter sweepstakes to get drawn into the latest Hellfire Gala for the X-Men comics line. Some lucky fans will actually be (on the page anyway) able to attend the most fashionable yearly event in Marvel comics within the Hellfire Gala! Selection will take place exclusively to Marvel Insiders, from 2/3 (12:00pmEST) until 2/12 (11:59pmEST).
In the past three years, the X-Men elections have determined the newest protector of Krakoa. In 2021, Polaris won the first-ever election and was featured in Gerry Duggan and Pepe Larraz’s X-Men, and then in 2022, fan-favorite Firestar was chosen to become the newest member with artists C.F. Villa and Joshua Cassara. That said, here are a list of this year’s nominees, taken directly from Marvel’s latest press release.
2023 X-Men Ballot Nominations:
- CANNONBALL: One of the original “New Mutants,” the second class of students in the Xavier School, Sam Guthrie has come a long way. His ability to transform into a human cannonball, propelling himself with great force at high speeds while making himself “nigh invulnerable” has taken him from an awkward lanky teen to a married father who is both a former X-Man and Avenger! Why not rocket him to the front lines again?
- DAZZLER: Dazzler first made it to the scene as a pop star, using her secret mutant power to transform sound into light as part of her stage show. Becoming a hero and joining the X-Men never dimmed her star-power, even as she learned to use her ability to dazzle as an offensive weapon. Since then, she’s been a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, a freedom fighter, mother to a time paradox, and a vampire hunter. Isn’t it time for Alison Blaire to reclaim center stage?
- FRENZY: Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes and durability have made Joanna Cargill a formidable opponent to any who crosses her. From her early days opposed to the X-Men as a member of Apocalypse’s Alliance of Evil, her time as one of Magneto’s Acolytes, and Mister Sinister’s Marauders, to her time on the side of good with the Jean Grey School, and eventually as an intergalactic ambassador with S.W.O.R.D., Frenzy has what it takes to tackle anything!
- JUBILEE: Having joined the X-Men as a teenaged runaway, Jubilation Lee had been shooting explosive fireworks out of her hands into the face of evil for many years when she lost her powers in M-Day. Even so, that didn’t stop her from fighting for what’s right—first as a New Warrior using a power suit, and later as a vampire, going against every monstrous urge that came with that transformation. Cured of that curse and with her mutant powers returned, Jubilee deserves to reclaim her spot on the X-team!
- JUGGERNAUT: The non-mutant stepbrother of Professor X, Cain Marko long ago claimed the gem of the ancient “god” Cyttorak, transforming him into the unstoppable brute known as Juggernaut. For many years he was a thorn in the X-Men’s side, frequently rampaging through their lives leaving wreckage behind. More recently, however, Cain has shaken off the evil influence of his dark master, claiming the power of Juggernaut under his own terms and making amends for his past deeds.
- PRODIGY: Prodigy possesses the power of psychomimetry—a form of telepathy that grants him the skills and knowledge of those in his proximity. This allows him equal mastery of any skill—mental or physical—as those around him. His ability to retain knowledge from those sources makes him an even more formidable mutant – one who is brilliant at biology, computers, martial arts, and strategic planning. David Alleyne may borrow from others, but he is one of a kind.