Fans of Syfy’s 12 Monkeys were treated to little golden nuggets of info on what they could expect from season two Thursday afternoon at New York Comic Con. Along with the first look at season two was some hilarious Bruce Willis bashing. Sorry Bruce!
Show creator Terry Matalas attended with stars Aaron Stanford (James Cole), Amanda Schull (Cassandra Railly), Kirk Acevedo (Jose Ramse), Emily Hampshire (Jennifer Goines), Barbara Sukowa (Katarina Jones), and Todd Stashwick (Deacon) to the treat of hardcore fans of the Syfy show.
Filming of season two is currently underway in Toronto, but the series took a trip to Budapest as Cole and Ramse look for Dr. Benjamin Kalman, a former Markridge scientist played by Downton Abbey’s Brendan Coyle.
Here are the most interesting tidbits we learned:
- Amanda Schull wore the watch with the scratch to the con!
- Season two will go into the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and new places in the future
- Cassie’s views have changed and become more hardened after seeing the future
- Jones has infinite backup plans and will be open to old Jennifer’s kooky plans in 2043
- Jennifer is actually sane in this season and we will be seeing a lot more of old Jennifer
- We will know what the red forest actually is and who The Witness is by the end of this season
- There are two reasons on the show why characters age slowly, one is Jones’ serum and we’ll find out what the other one is. It would explain how Olivia and Pallid Man have aged slowly as well.
- There will be a bigger threat than the virus. The virus is only a part of a larger plan.
- Deacon and Cassie will have an interesting relationship
- We’ll be going back to Spearhead and find out how Jones’ daughter died
- Jones is getting laid this season
The stakes are definitely raised in the upcoming season. We saw scenes from the 1940s with a glitzed up Cassie and Cole, but the preview also featured a very confrontational scene between the two in a Mexican standoff.
There was also lots of hilarious Bruce Willis bashing after a fan asked the cast how they felt about their characters and their movie counterparts. Stanford jokingly said that he thought he could take Willis on now that the actor was aging .
12 Monkeys will return for a second season on Syfy in April 2016.
To catch up on season one click HERE.