Marvel Comics celebrates Women’s History Month with a stunning collection of new variant covers, all featuring some of the company’s best women superheroes. This year’s covers will feature such stunning works from the talented artists of Peach Momoko, Carmen Carnero, Ema Lupachino, Rickie Yagawa, and Aka.
The five heroines come from a diverse cast each headlining their own solo adventures. Some are from classic big-time heroes such as Ms. Marvel, but there will also be newer characters such as Bloodline, daughter of Blade. Here are some details regarding the Women’s History Month covers that will be featured throughout the month:
- Bloodline, the daughter of Blade that debuted in last year’s Free Comic Book Day: Avengers/X-Men #1, will star in her own limited series launching next week by her co-creators Danny Lore and Karen S. Darboe!
- Captain Marvel, whose current solo run by Kelly Thompson, will soon be approaching its milestone 50th issue.
- Scarlet Witch, aka Wanda Maximoff, recently embarked on a breathtaking new journey in the pages of Steve Orlando and Carmen Carnero’s Scarlet Witch series.
- Storm, whose story as one of mutantkind’s last defenders, will star in the pages of Al Ewing’s Storm & the Brotherhood of Mutants, part of the X-Men’s Sins of Sinister crossover. The iconic X-Men leader will also star in a brand-new limited series by Ann Nocenti and Sid Kotian this April, set in her “punk” era.
- And Wolverine, previously X-23, will see a return to her violet days as a mutant assassin in the upcoming X-23: Deadly Regenesis series by writer Erica Schultz and artist Edgar Salazar.