A Co-Op Tower Defense set in a world called Voodoo, this new tower defense game sees four souls given a chance to gain freedom away from a mysterious Puppet Master, who instills their essence into Voodolls. Published by SideRift, and from what we’ve seen, a whole lot of silly fun, Tate Multimedia has announced that the closed beta will be opening up for multiplayer from January 19th, 10 am PST to 23rd of January 10 am PST.
Voodolls is a simple but fun concept: players are in hell and a puppet master is their hope of getting out. Join with several friends to do tower defense battles, where wave-upon-wave of creeps descend, and players must design their towers strategically to prevent enemies of hell from destroying the master. Set across 12 planetoid stages, the game will feature three difficulty modes and an endless mode: for those who really love tower defenses.
“Voodolls will be the first third-party we publish at Tate Multimedia, and we couldn’t be more excited about it,” says Magda Schwarzer, Head of Marketing at Tate Multimedia. “It’s fantastic to be able to work alongside a talented studio of young creatives who are living out their collective dream right now. This is exactly the kind of developer we want to work with moving forward.”
At launch, Voodolls will include:
- Synergy between action, exploration and strategic Tower Defence mechanics, including an array of traps and defences to hold back the hordes of hell.
- Round planets – stylised and unique worlds each themed by the four seasons.
- Team of four characters, each with unique abilities, weapons, and battle tactics.
- Solo or online co-op up to four players – Defend the Puppet Master alongside three friends in full campaign co-op or tackle the task alone in solo play!
- Story-based campaign – Peel back the layers of mystery to uncover the secrets of the puppet master & the dolls.
- Three camera angles – Face your foes in immersive first-person mode or take a step back in third-person. Make tactical choices from above in the strategy camera mode: three modes, and three different approaches in one game.
- Extensive replayability.
- Many types of enemies to take on.
- Plenty of deadly traps to defend the Puppet master from the hordes of hell.
Voodolls will launch on Steam this April. Those interested in taking on the Closed Beta can sign up here.