Today, during a brand new Nintendo Direct, Nintendo has announced that they are bringing Super Mario Maker to the Nintendo 3DS. The features of the 3DS version are listed as:
- Enjoy a nearly limitless supply of side-scrolling 2D Mario™ courses anytime, anywhere.
- Take on 100 built-in courses as you tackle the Super Mario Challenge.
- Create the Super Mario™ courses of your dreams!
- Play recommended courses from the Super Mario Maker™ game on the Wii U™ console and take on that game’s 100 Mario Challenge.*
- Share courses with other players via the StreetPass™ feature and local wireless.**
- For the first time ever, collaborate to make special shared courses.
Adding the ability to share levels via StreetPass is an amazing idea. Also, “for the first time ever” collaborate on making courses sounds like you could possibly connect (local or online, not confirmed) and build a course with a friend(s). The best news of all, the game is scheduled for release on December 2nd! You can view more about the game on the official website.
Super Mario Maker is one of the great gems available on the Wii U and bringing it to the 3DS is a no brainer! Are you excited about Mario Maker on the Go? What features do you hope to see? Let us know in the comments.