The Netflix show delivered a fun and unique panel that matches its free spirit.
If you haven’t seen Big Mouth, you are truly missing out. The smash-hit tackles real-life issues plaguing prepubescent teenagers as they face the troubles of puberty in an upbeat, interesting presentation. The panel did a great job replicating the vibe of this show, moving away from the typical panel setup to something more casual and intimate.
The panel began with a special, exclusive look at a Season 3 episode where the writers target a certain infamous state, keeping the audience in stitches throughout the nearly half-hour episode.
Gracing the stage were creators Nick Kroll, Andrew Goldberg, Mark Levin, and Jennifer Flackett; writers, Emily Altman and Jabouke Young White; and stars Jessi Klein and Jason Mantzoukas. Mantzoukas pulled double duty as the moderator of the panel, adding a personal aspect to the grouping.
The panelists were relaxed and spent time reminiscing, even overcoming a broken chair. They talked about the revealed episode and the various inspirations they pulled from to write it and the show in general. This was followed by a long Q&A session, where they tried to answer as many questions as possible.
Here are a few highlights:
- The “Hormone World,” where the Department of Puberty resides, will be making a return.
- The best advice for raising prepubescent boys is to just talk to them so the lines of communications are available.
- When writing, the creative minds of Big Mouth are conscious of potential kid viewers but do not let it dictate their choices.
- Rick the Hormone Monster will also be making a return.
- The show uses doctors and sex educators as consults to properly tell the stories.
- The music of Big Mouth will be available soon in vinyl and Spotify.
- Big Mouth has been renewed for three more seasons.
- After season 5, a spin-off will premiere called Human Resources, which takes place in the “Hormone World” and explores the world of Big Mouth.
I don’t know about you, but I’m excited for Big Mouth to return to Netflix.