The first DLC for Final Fantasy XV is now live with Episode: Gladiolus.
The episode, available now as a standalone package for $4.99 or through the Season Pass, marks the first time players are able to control another character outside of the Crown Prince Noctis. Centering around Gladiolus, the DLC will concentrate on the events that transpired when he left the party in the main line story of Final Fantasy XV.
The episode features:
● A new story told from Gladiolus’ perspective uncovering the events that transpired when the character left the party in FINAL FANTASY XV’s main storyline
● An exhilarating combat system that capitalizes on Gladiolus’ blocking and counterattacking play style through the new “Valor” and “Rage” system
● Previously inaccessible parts of Eos that are now open for exploration
● Special items that can be carried over the main game and exclusive to those who complete Episode Gladiolus
● Two brand-new gameplay modes, “Score Attack” and “Final Trial” made available upon completing Episode Gladiolus
Alongside the release of Episode Gladiolus is a free game update that has added cutscenes that enhance the Chapter 13 story experience, two different playable Chapter 13 routes for players to choose from, more powerful ring magic, and additional areas to explore in the game.
Story of Episode Gladiolus
After losing to the enemy high commander Ravus, Gladiolus is forced to swallow a bitter pill and face the limitations of his own strength. In order to travel with the Chosen King, he realizes he must also possess a comparable level of power in order to protect him. In the ancient ruins that were found in the Kingdom of Lucis 30 years ago, the spirits of heroes that once served the king await the next generation of warriors.
Gladiolus parts ways with his entourage and meets up with Cor, the sole survivor of the trials. Now, with his mentor at his side, Gladiolus sets out to challenge the Shield of the Founder King: the Blademaster, Gilgamesh.