Available in an upcoming one-shot debuting on March 22nd, WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 returns to highlight some of the best women talents in Marvel comics. A preview of the incredible women and characters in the industry, this upcoming month’s feature will showcase talents such as Melissa Flores, Victoria Ying, Carola Borelli, Giulia Gualazzi, and the Gibbs Sisters, Shawnee Gibbs & Shawnelle Gibbs.
Here are the adventures that readers can look forward to:
- Rebecca Roanhorse, award-winning novelist and writer behind the recent Phoenix Song: Echo series, breaks the fourth wall with She-Hulk to provide one-of-a-kind commentary in a brilliant opening story with rising star artist Carola Borelli.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers scribe Melissa Flores and artist Stacey Lee (Silk) send best friend duo America Chavez and Kate Bishop on a pulse-punching rescue mission to save one of their own!
- Critically acclaimed author and illustrator Victoria Ying (City of Secrets) and artist Jodi Nishijima (Spider-Gwen: Gwenverse) spin a wild web for Silk as a night out with Black Cat turns deadly as the two face off against the illusion mastermind, Mysterio!
- The award-winning writing and producing team The Gibbs Sisters, Shawnee Gibbs & Shawnelle Gibbs join newcomer artist Giulia Gualazzi for a story about Photon and Ms. Marvel battling an old enemy in the Big Easy!
- Plus an introduction by writer Charlie Jane Anders, creator interviews, essays, and more!
Below, are some covers and interior artwork you can check out featuring what’s to come.
WOMEN OF MARVEL #1
Written by: REBECCA ROANHORSE, VICTORIA YING, MELISSA FLORES, SHAWNEE GIBBS, & SHAWNELLE GIBBS
Art by: CAROLA BORELLI, JODI NISHIJIMA, STACEY LEE, GIULIA GUALAZZI, & ERICA D’URSO
Introduction by CHARLIE JANE ANDERS
On Sale 3/22