The critical hit Dredge by Black Salt Games and Team 17 Digital has so far been nothing shy of overwhelmingly positive. A game focused on a tiny little boat, some deep-sea fishing, and trekking across different harbors to learn about every different town.
This past Thursday, the game saw some new updates including some deep-sea aberrations, wildlife, and even a monster. There is also both a passive Mode and a long-desired Photo Mode introduced, though with a caveat. To unlock photos and photo mode, you’ll need to exchange a certain type of equipment for a camera via a new Islander photographer.
As for the passive mode, that gameplay makes the game easier in avoiding the more difficult circumstances and situations in the game.
DREDGE Key Features
- Unravel a Mystery: Captain your fishing trawler across a collection of remote islands, each with its own inhabitants to meet, wildlife to discover, and stories to unearth
- Dredge the Depths: Scour the sea for hidden treasures and complete quests to gain access to strange new abilities, including the camera to unlock the new Photo Mode
- Study Your Craft: Research special equipment and upgrade your boat’s capabilities to gain access to rare fish and valuable deep-sea curios
- Fish to Survive: Sell your discoveries to the locals to learn more about each area, and upgrade your boat to reach even more secluded locations
- Fight the Unfathomable: Strengthen your mind and use your abilities to survive trips out on the water after dark.e