Do you love Star Wars Battlefront? Enjoy getting free content? Then today’s update is for you!
Since it’s launch in November, Star Wars Battlefront has received two free maps and a new game mode called Battle for Jakku. Starting today, EA have announced a second batch of free content (as well as general bug fixes and game tweaks) that will be coming to the title on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The free content will include the following:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
They have also announced the upcoming schedule for paid content:
- Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim – March 2016 – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine.
- Star Wars Battlefront Bespin – Summer 2016 – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.
- Star Wars Battlefront Death Star – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 – Title to be announced. Details to be confirmed. Coming early 2017.
Are you excited to get more free content for Star Wars Battlefront? Will you be purchasing the next batch of paid DLC? Let us know in the comments down below!